Health and Safety Policy
Melray Electric Limited was established in 1987 and specialises in electrical contracting, servicing and maintenance. Melray Electric Limited is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and other persons in the workplace.
Melray Electric Limited seeks to achieve and maintain a zero accident rate. To accomplish this, Company management and employees must work together to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992 and Amendments 2002.
Every employee is expected to comply with all Company policies and procedures and to work in a safe and responsible manner to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow employees.
Melray Electric Limited is committed to:
- Providing and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment
- Protecting others (including general members of the public) from harm due to our work
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are complied with
- Protecting our and our clients' property from accidental damage
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ongoing maintenance and continuous development of our Health & Safety programme
To achieve this we will ensure all Employees of the Company are:
- Aware of the policies and procedures in place to maintain a safe working environment
- Aware of their responsibilities to ensure their own safety and that of their fellow workers and the public
- Involved in identifying and controlling hazards and unsafe work practices
- Informed of existing hazards and the steps to be taken to prevent harm
- Informed of the personal protective equipment available and required for the work
- Informed about emergency and accident procedures
- Properly trained for the work they do and supervised where necessary